As a health or social care provider, you need a law firm that understands all the pressures you face. That means a firm that provides expert legal advice and imaginative solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of your sector. It also means a firm that recognises how your business operates and knows what commercial considerations you face.
We have been working in healthcare law for over 20 years and it’s one of our leading areas of expertise. We specialise in the regulation of health and social care services, regularly acting for independent social care providers, independent hospitals and GPs. We also act for children’s homes, schools and fostering agencies. We understand the challenges you face and know that you need proactive, cost-effective legal support.
We are the solicitors of choice for a number of high profile clients and are the leading provider of regulatory due diligence for banks and equity funds investing in the sector. We are also the appointed solicitors for a number of large care providers and care associations nationally, including the National Care Association, Registered Nursing Homes Association, HC-One Limited, Jewish Care, Graham Care, Colten Care, Raphael Medical Centre and Keys Childcare.
As a result of our expertise, our team regularly write for care sector publications and are frequently asked to speak at care sector conferences around the country.
Our specialist healthcare law solicitors have a national reputation, yet, because we are a regional firm, they come at an affordable cost.
How we can help you
We regularly act for health and social care providers in relation to a variety of matters including
- Regulatory advice;
- Disputes with CQC or other regulators;
- Challenging inspection reports and ratings;
- Safeguarding investigations;
- Supported living arrangements;
- Disputes with social services and CCGs;
- Recovering unpaid care fees;
- Contractual disputes;
- Coroner’s inquests;
- Court of Protection cases;
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards;
- Health and safety;
- Police investigations;
- Sales and acquisitions of care services nationally;
- Employment advice;
- Corporate and partnership matters;
- Charities and third sector;
We also act for individuals in criminal investigations relating to care (e.g. allegations of neglect or abuse) and professional misconduct proceedings.
- Lester Aldridge LLP’s team provides an ‘excellent level of service’ and is ‘able to assist on urgent matters with responsive turnaround times.’ The Legal 500 UK 2019
- ‘They are approachable, knowledgeable and decisive. The whole team go out of their way to support their clients.’ Chambers UK 2019
- ‘Lester Aldridge are much better at explaining our options in a clear and concise manner than some other firms. The team work well together and can cut through the obscurity clouding issues.’ Chambers UK 2019
- ‘I am impressed by how involved with their clients they are and that they go the extra mile to assist with legal needs. They are committed, extremely knowledgeable and determined to achieve the best outcome for clients.’ Chambers UK 2020
- Clients say the team is ‘professional, provides sound and robust advice and is good value for money.’ Chambers UK 2020
- ‘Active across the whole healthcare sector, Lester Aldridge LLP’s team stands out nationally for its notable expertise in health and social care regulation. Its varied client base includes NHS organisations, care homes and agencies, supported living services, children’s homes and specialist learning disability and mental health providers. The health team is regularly instructed by equity funds and lenders on high-value transactions. Another pillar of the practice involves representing clients during regulatory investigations, as well as professional misconduct and criminal proceedings; Laura Guntrip is a key contact in this space.’ The Legal 500 UK 2020
Chambers UK Guide 2016 and 2017