CQC Surgery for KiCA Members
We have identified that many members would benefit for a rolling programme of CQC Surgeries. An opportunity for like-minded members to meet and discuss issues relating to CQC inspections, regulations, methodology, enforcement and how best you can present your service to inspectors.
With ex CQC inspectors and a specialist solicitor who supports services through the CQC enforcement process.
FIRST SURGERY IS FREE
We can only accommodate a small group of up to 40 delegates. One from each provider.
We intend to continue to host these events if they prove popular, and the first one is a FREE event.
(Any future events will be charged at cost to cover expenses)
Details of the first surgery below:
CQC Surgery – KICA members
The Charing Room
Ashford International Hotel
Simone Weil Ave, Ashford TN24 8UX
22nd November 2018
09:00 Registration and coffee
09:45 Neil Grant – Gordons Partnership LLP
“The 7 biggest regulatory challenges that will affect the care sector – a lawyer’s perspective”
* Increasing numbers of criminal investigations and prosecutions by CQC under its health and safety remit
* CQC’s focus of ‘requires improvement’ services – you have to be rated overall good to survive and prosper
* The common use of compliance or positive conditions to regulate services
* Provider Information Collection – a return to provider self-assessment of quality and safety – risk and opportunities
* CQC becoming a market shaping regulator, not just a regulator of individual services – what this might mean for providers
* The change to the definition of a ‘registered provider’ – widening the scope of registration
* The Liberty Protection Safeguards and the role of care home managers – a road crash waiting to happen?
11:00 Robert Pettiford – RCP Care Quality Consultants
“What should I know and what should I do to showcase my service”
12:00 Opportunities for delegates to meet with RP and NG