21 April 2016
Advice for Providers on Legal Frameworks
Care England, the largest representative body for independent sector providers, has commissioned Anthony Collins Solicitors to provide its members with a guide through the legal and commercial framework that they are likely to encounter and identify the options available to them when responding to fee offers from LAs and CCGs from April 2016.
Professor Martin Green, Chief Executive of Care England says:
“Care homes are facing increasingly unrealistic and unsustainable fee rates being imposed by public sector commissioners. This may be encountered in the context of tenders, fee rates (or cuts) in existing contracts or simply as a result of increasing costs making the current rates unviable. The extensive briefing prepared by Anthony Collins will enable our members to be better prepared in their negotiations with public sector commissioners and is another benefit for members of Care England”.
Working with Public Sector Commissioners – Advice for Providers on the Legal Frameworks covers the following main areas:
· Negotiating position
· Procurement Law Challenges
· Legal position within existing contracting arrangements
· Public Law Duties
· The Individual and
· The role of other agencies.
It also contains a number of decision trees to aid members in deciding what action to take.
Care England provides regular briefings to its members on legal, policy and Parliamentary matters.
Notes to editors:
1. Care England works to ensure that care services are commissioned fairly, efficiently and on a properly funded basis, to meet the true costs of providing quality care
2. For all Care England press enquiries, please contact Leonie Purvis on (020) 7492 4844 or email email@example.com
3. Working With Public Sector Commissioners – Advice for Providers on the Legal Frameworks can be found on the membership section of the Care England website http://www.careengland.org.uk/user/login?current=node/1